You know when your body just doesn’t feel completely right? It may be because you indulged the day before or you’re coming down with a cold, or you simply feel stagnant and want to feel refreshed? I’ve become more aware of this feeling – not that I feel it more, but I’ve tuned more into how my body feels. So naturally, instead of trying to ignore a sluggish feeling, I try to be mindful in understanding what my body is telling me and what it needs to feel better. Although I may not always get it right, these 3 combos usually heal most of my slow-moving moments:
- Feel Good Green Smoothie
- Lots of water or a cup of herbal tea
Its remarkable what a little self reflection and self care can do to get us out of a funk and regain our energy and sense of wellbeing. I’d love to hear in the comments, what self-care gets you back on track?
Feel Good Green Smoothie
1 serving, vegan, paleo, gluten-free, refined sugar free
- 1/2 cup Frozen Spinach (sub 2 handfuls of fresh spinach)
- 1 cup Plant-Based Milk (Almond, Cashew, Oat, Hemp, etc)
- 1/2 Banana (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 tsp Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 Ice Cubes (In the winter I will often omit ice cubes if my spinach is already frozen)
- 1/4 cup Water to thin (add more as needed)
- Optional: Drop of vanilla extract, a scoop of collagen peptides
Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth Best if enjoyed immediately, but can also make in the evening and store in the refrigerator overnight to enjoy in the morning!