This sweet and tangy breakfast parfait was inspired by the holidays because fresh cranberries are EVERYWHERE! Not only do fresh cranberries look so beautiful, they are loaded with antioxidants. So naturally, they are a staple in my kitchen during the holidays. And what better combo than a slightly tart flavor paired with alternating layers of rich almond butter, spiced granola, and a neutral yogurt to balance it all out? Sounds pretty perfect to me! I loved enjoying these parfaits for breakfast, a midday snack, or even a light dessert. In these few steps these parfaits can be all yours!
- Make Honey Cranberry Jam
- In a glass cup or bowl, add a few scoops of Cranberry Honey Jam
- Top with yogurt of choice (I use plain grass-fed)
- Add more Cranberry Honey Jam
- Add a layer of almond butter of choice
- Add another layer of yogurt
- Top with granola of choice
- Drizzle more almond butter on top
Fresh Honey Cranberry Jam
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 oz bag of fresh cranberries, washed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 3-4 tsp Honey
In a saucepan over medium heat, add water and the fresh cranberries. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. The cranberries should be breaking down at this point and you can start to squish them with the back of your spatula. Add in cinnamon and vanilla extract (optional). Continue to let the cranberries simmer down until a jam like consistency is formed. Then add in 3-4 tsps honey (add more if you like it sweeter) and let simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes so all is incorporated. You can either leave the jam like this or blend it to make it extra smooth (I just left it like that!). Let cool and serve with your yogurt, oats, or anything your heart desires! Stores best in the fridge for up to a week.